An occasional blog on U.S. politics.

Friday, December 16, 2005

Yes, yes, yes. I know, I know.

Okay, so I haven't posted in a long, long time. But look: there's this thing called school, and there's this thing seniors need to write called a thesis. Give me a mo'fo'n break, yeah?

But anyway, the life political has been intriguing in my absence, n'est-ce pas? Where to begin?

Well, this one will be quick. It's only the second night off after finals, so I have a lot of partying to do. All I want to say is that everyone ought to take a look at the post-riposte between Charles Krauthammer and Andrew Sullivan of (respectively) the Weekly Standard and my favorite magazine. The topic is torture, and it's an excellent demonstration of the pro-torture intellectuals' ethical bankruptcy (that's you, Ben Schifman).

Anyway, I just wanted to spread the word on some good writing and thinking. And please check up on this blog over the next month or so! I'm off school, and I'll have nothing better to do than write about politics! It's all I really think about, honest!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

sullivan pretty much tore krauthammer a new one. i actually think this is the most eloquent dismissal of torture you'll see:

http://www.slate.com/id/2132195/

4:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home